Just recently I was fortunate to be able to take an extended weekend away to the amazingly beautiful City of Copenhagen but what made this trip even better is the fact that I got to share it with some of the best dudes you'll ever hang out with.
Intro Hew and Casey. Having shared some amazing trips and stories with these guys in the past, I knew that Copenhagen wasn't going to disappoint especially as we had tickets to see our friends OH WONDER play at Copenhagen's Vega venue.
So let's get to it.
5am wake up call to get to the airport, all good so far right?
Unfortunately we were unable to check-in before the flight due to an "admin" error with SkyPicker.com system for issuing tickets. So we get hit with a £45 a head fee by Ryanair.... NOT COOL. This over-doubled the initial cost for the flights.
Fortunately we knew we'd be in for a great time as soon as we got to Copenhagen.
We weren't wrong.
Straight off the bat everyone was incredibly friendly and willing to help us out.
Here's my top 5 things to do if you've only got a few days to visit Copenhagen.
1. Visit the Play Type concept store: (http://store.playtype.com/)
2. Head to the Carlsberg Brewery for a tour! Super interesting history of the founder and his son.
3. Have brunch here: MAD & KAFFE so good and totally worth the wait.
4. Head over to the inside street food market, ridiculously cool. And there's some awesome food stalls and bars. (http://copenhagenstreetfood.dk/)
5. Nyhavn - those incredible coloured buildings on the waterfront.
Although our weather wasn't great it didn't matter. The ability to walk the whole city and share everything with your best buds made everything amazing.
Here's a selection of some of my photos from the trip.
See you out there